About the Awards
TheStadiumBusiness Awards are the first industry awards for the stadium sector by the stadium sector.
AIM OF THE AWARDS
TheStadiumBusiness Awards were launched in 2010, in order to:
- Recognise achievement, innovation, fresh thinking and the leaders in the world of stadium, arena and sports venue management.
- Raise industry standards and encourage greater professionalism.
- Drive awareness of the stadium, arena and sports venue sector.
As our previous Awards winners will testify, there are many benefits of being shortlisted and/or receiving an Award at TheStadiumBusiness Awards, including:
- Recognition of your / your organisation’s achievements.
- Creation of PR/media promotion opportunities.
- Motivate your team / Corporate pride.
- Distinguish yourself from your competitors.
- Enhance your brand.
- Global benefits of a recognised endorsement from your industry.
HOW TO ENTER
Any venue (stadium, arena, circuit, ballpark, sports ground), company, organisation, association, team, club or individual that has been involved in the stadium/sports venue sector between 1 January 2013 and close of nominations (7 March 2014) is eligible to enter, or be nominated for, TheStadiumBusiness Awards 2014.
Nominations will open on Monday 2 December 2013. It is easy to enter either yourself or your venue – or to nominate a colleague, friend or other sports venue – for consideration by the Judging Panel.
Simply complete the Nomination Form for each entry you wish to make.
Nominations are confidential, and you can only nominate one entry per Category – if we receive more than one entry for the same Category from you, then the Awards Committee will only consider the first one you submitted. Click here to vote.
AWARDS PROCESS AND TIMELINE
The timeline for TheStadiumBusiness Awards 2014 is as follows:
Monday 9 December 2013 – Nominations open
Open nominations are cast from the stadium industry through www.stadiumbusinessawards.com. Thousands of nominations are typically received during the 12 week voting window, from stadium executives around the world. This year categories will be released in tranches, over a 12 week period.
Tranche 1 (opens 9 Dec 2013, closes 20 Dec 2013)
- Executive of the year Award
- New Venue Award
- Sports Event of the year Award
- Sponsorship, Sales & Marketing Award
Tranche 2 (opens 2 Jan 2014, closes 17 Jan 2014)
- Sustainability Award
- Product Innovation Award
- Unsung Hero Award
- Small Venue of the year Award
Tranche 3 (opens 20 Jan 2014, closes 7 Feb 2014)
- Guest Event of the year Award
- Safety & Security Award
- Project of the year Award
Tranche 4 (opens 10 Feb 2014, closes 28 Feb 2014)
- Venue of the year Award
- Customer Experience Award
- Rising Star Award
- Outstanding Achievement Award
Friday 7 March 2014 (23.59 GMT) – Close of nominations
All received nominations are verified and scrutinised by our appointed judging panel, before shortlists of potential winners in each category are determined.
Monday 31 March 2014 – Shortlists announced
The shortlists for each category of TheStadiumBusiness Awards 2014 are unveiled to the industry.
Thursday 9 May 2014 – Awards judging
The international judging panel for TheStadiumBusiness Awards 2014 will meet to discuss, debate and deliberate over each of the entries. Outstanding winners in each category are decided by majority vote.
Wednesday 4 June 2014 – Winners announced!
The winners of TheStadiumBusiness Awards 2014 are announced in London, UK at a special Gala Evening on the 4 June 2014. For further information on TheStadiumBusiness Awards 2014 Gala Evening, please click here.
- TheStadiumBusiness Awards 2013 was held at The Point @ Emirates Old Trafford, Manchester, United Kingdom
- TheStadiumBusiness Awards 2012, in association with KPMG, was held in at the Museo dell’Automobile, in Turin, Italy
- TheStadiumBusiness Awards 2011, was held at FC Barcelona’s Camp Nou Stadium, Barcelona, Spain
- TheStadiumBusiness Awards 2010, in association with Guinness, was held at the Guinness Storehouse, Dublin, Ireland