Winners in Focus – Rising Star Award
Friday, February 14, 2014
Nominations for our Rising Star Award close Friday 28 February 2014 at midnight (GMT).
Who is a future leader? Who’s going on to greater things? We want to identify the stadium industry’s rising star. To qualify, nominees must be under 35 years of age at midnight 4 June 2014.
As part of our Stadium Business Awards ‘Winners In Focus’ series, we take a look back at Justine Hewitt, Major Events Manager at The Ricoh Arena, who won the Rising Star 2013 Award.
The previous two Rising Star Award winners were: Alexii Zhukovin, Head of Stadium Operations, UEFA Euro 2012 / LVIV ARENA, and Steven Sealm, General Manager (Food and Beverage), Maple Leaf Sports Entertainment Ltd.
The judging panel commented: “Justine has shown determination and enthusiasm to succeed from leaving school and heading into catering, then night classes for her events qualifications, Justine is now also one of the very few female Football Safety Officers in the UK. Her recent move (since nominations closed) to join the Wembley Stadium events team is further proof that this winner is a Rising Star in the stadium business”.
Justine Hewitt pipped several other high calibre shortlisted nominees to the award, including:
- Tom Gorringe, Sales & Marketing, Cardiff City FC, UK
- Oleksandr Rogachevskyi, Stadium Operations Manager, Metalist Stadium, Ukraine
- Phil Egan, Retail Catering Assistant Manager, Liverpool FC, UK
- Nathalie Ollson, Manager, Event Programming & Event Services at Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment, Canada
- Deirdre O’Sullivan – Operations Coordinator, Aviva Stadium, Ireland